Please help the site by white listing it in your Ad-Blocker.
Ad revenue has decreased a lot, affiliates such as
BTGuard owes us a lot of money and haven't even responded to our
emails for months, and the only way to receive donations we have at
the moment is via BitCoin, which the users are reluctant to use.
We need to implement some measures, or we face closure.
*Your iPhone must be previously jailbroken with any method except Spirit method, in order to jailbreak with this custom firmware
*You must have internet connection during this entire process
1. Back up your iPhone with iTunes
2. When your iPhone is in operating mode, hold down Shift key on your keyboard for windows, and alt key on your keyboard for mac, and then click Restore button in iTunes and locate the file "iPhone 3G Custom Firmware 4.2.1 8C148.ipsw" that came with this firmware, and ready to restore.
3. Once restore is done, the iPhone will activate
4. If you open Cydia then it will not open because you will need to update Cydia by doing step 5 and step 6 below:
5. SSH into your iPhone and copy the Cydia folder that came with this firmware into the iPhone directory given below:
/ private / var / root / Media
6. Reboot your iPhone
7. After reboot, now open Cydia has been updated, and you can open Cydia and perform all necessary updates as usual
Unfortunately they don't work as described for me and I tested this on two iPhone 3G phones both RedSn0w JB back on 3.0 with 04.26.08 as the baseband. SSH has not been included in this custom restore file as can be determined when running Cydia and installing a few basics.
GOOD NEWS is that there is a simple fix.
OK What I did on my PC running the latest version of iTunes.
1. Backed up every file I wanted to keep. Remembered to transfer photos etc etc.
2. (Same as original instructions) When your iPhone is in operating mode, hold down Shift key on your keyboard for windows, or alt key on your keyboard for mac, and then click Restore button in iTunes and locate the file "iPhone 3G Custom Firmware 4.2.1 8C148.ipsw" that came with this firmware, and ready to restore.
(Please note that RESTORE is what you should do. If you don't want to restore then don't bother upgrading as you have a high chance of something screwing up so why take the risk)
If you didn't get an option to select the file and it starts restoring without browsing for a file do yourself a favour and STOP IT NOW and figure out if you are using a PC or a Mac and then push SHIFT for PC or ALT for MAC. Don't want to sound condescending but really don't care. :)
3. Yeah once you are complete I assume it will activate as long as you are still plugged into iTunes but my phone is unlocked so I have no idea if it will Activate properly if you are not using a proper carrier SIM. I'm assuming the dude ticked the Activated box and also ticked the background and task switching box when they created this one as I see the background with zToggle but I haven't tested the task switcher as I really don't want to use it.
4. I couldn't SSH using Terminal on my Mac or a number of different methods on my PC. So I turned to RedSn0w
http://blog.iphone-dev.org/ has a link to redsnow in the text (not the links on the left) https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc8.zip?attredirects=0&d=1 Or if you reduce the length of that link you will find the root with Muscle Nerds name on it https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/
DO NOT USE ANY OTHER REDSN0W FROM ANOTHER SITE UNLESS YOU DON'T LIKE YOUR IPHONE...
You will need an OFFICIAL Firmware from Apple. Here is the easy way to get it.
http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/iphone-downloads/ Which will give you this link http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/061-9853.20101122.Vfgt5/iPhone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_Restore.ipsw
Remember that you do NOT ever use this on your iPhone through iTunes. ONLY use this for RedSn0w. Put it in a folder named appropriately warning you to not restore with that file. If you screw up don't say I didn't warn you.
Now run RedSn0w and point it at your official firmware and then when the next screen comes up untick EVERYTHING except for INSTALL CYDIA. Follow the instructions to put it into DFU (Please note that on a PC it might say it failed on the first attempt as your PC installs the new hardware but do not touch your iPhone just touch RedSn0w and go back and push the DFU button again and it will quickly realise that it is already in DFU and let you continue)...
Wait patiently and your phone will look like it is trying to JB again but in fact all it does is install Cydia.
Now here is some more info for the really dodgy people in the world
Added the following Cydia Sources
Install these in order
Ultrasnow (If you need it instructions are in iClarified and iphonedownloadblog so go read)
From the Hackulo Us repo install all of the applications (obviously only 1 AppSync) this will give you Installous which is the best little TBYB application you can get.
iFile (Xsellize) Action Menu Plus Pack (Xsellize) AttachmentSaver (Xsellize) Cyntact (Xsellize) SBSettings (Get some cool toggles as well) MobileTerminal (NEW) (Xsellize) OpenSSH Netatalk (Cause I use a Mac) YourTube 2 (Xsellize) Notifier+ (Xsellize) zToggle Safari Download Manager (Xsellize) SwapCamRoll (Hide your porn) FullScreen for Safari (Xsellize) Five Icon Dock
That makes a very nice simple iPhone 3G with lots of great tweaks.
Please note that everything that says (Xsellize) except for MobileTerminal can also be purchased through Cydia from the developers. Please support them.
Now don't forget to change your password (Instruction on the first page of Cydia but you need to use the Xsellize version of MobileTerminal as that is made for iOS 4.x )
And lastly. If you have any questions go ask Google. XD
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves. Confucius
good download thanks uploader....you cant jailbreak without this....took me 3 days to find that out...also took me a few days to work out that most redsnows dont work on the 3g 8 gb just sais not compatable with this version yet...oooh an ultrasnow doesnt unlock versions over 3.1.3...mines 4.2.1 an i gotta downgrade to get it to work but to much effort so my iphones just gonna be a ipod for now :)
.None of the files shown here are actually hosted or transmitted by this server. The links are provided solely by this site's users. The site moderation is also a service provided by the site's users. The administrator of this site (demonoid.pw) cannot be held responsible for what its users post, or any other actions of its users. You may not use this site to distribute or download any material when you do not have the legal rights to do so. It is your own responsibility to adhere to these terms.